Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thing #16

I took a look at the SJCPL Subject Guide Wiki, the Book Lovers Wiki provided by Princeton Public Library, and MERLIN. I liked the straightforward use of SJCPL's Subject Guide Wiki. It was very easy to navigate---very similar in look to a directory page from particular search engines (Yahoo, etc.). I noticed that there hasn't been much updating done to these pages or even many posts/discussions from their patrons, however. I can see a wiki such as this working well within a public library. Patrons, I believe, would like it. Although HCPL does not have a wiki with this information, we do have our Online Resources and Homework Help pages set up with this same kind of information.

The Book Lovers Wiki provided by Princeton Public Library seemed interesting. The various reader's advisory/book reviews seemed useful. There didn't appear to be a lot of information on this wiki though, unless I just didn't explore enough.

MERLIN explained a few of the terms I have heard in the Wiki's and File Sharing section, but didn't know enough about. So, I found this to be handy.

No comments: