Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thing #23---The End!!!

Well, I have finally completed all of my 23 Things exercises. All in all, it was a pretty positive experience. I did have a few problems with a few exercises, but the positive experiences outweighed the negatives. I can't say for sure whether I will keep up with all of the technology introduced in 23 Things. However, it certainly taught me about many of the technologies that are out there and that people are using on an everyday basis. I simply do not have the time for all of these kinds of technologies. But, continuing to use some of my favorites will be easy to do!

I especially liked Flickr, LibraryThing, Project Gutenberg, the web-based apps (very techie sounding :-) of Zoho and Google Docs. I do see Zoho and Google Docs being very useful to me. I also really liked the Flickr possibilities. As I said in my original blog post for Flickr---I now actually will have to buy a digital camera if I want to use this site for all of the creative and fun things one can do.

I would like to say that this was a very difficult several months at my branch to try to complete the entire 23 Things project. We were down several full-time staff members and finding time to even do some of the easiest exercises was very difficult. I worked on several of the more time-consuming activites at home on my own time because there just was not enough time to complete these at work---let alone concentrate on what needed to be done in the order some of the exercises needed to be done. I believe there could have been better directions for some of the exercises (and realize this was not HCPL's fault) because had you going back and forth trying to setup the free accounts, then searching, then posting to one account into another account, etc. I realize that for some this was not a problem whatsoever, but to the average person some directions could have been better.

I know I still have a floating blog post for the Sandbox 2.0 exercise. My blog name will not show up in the listing of Harford County Public Library's listings because this was one I just could not figure out.

All in all, I found this whole thing to be positive. I am glad I decided to stick with it all and complete everything. Thank you for the experience.

No comments: